Friday, January 6, 2012

We look forward, we look back

It's a lot to process, when something like this happens to you, to your loved ones. You play the same events over and over in your head, trying to make some sense of them. If you're me, you play them in your head even as they're happening, trying to second guess yourself before you've even had a chance to make a decision. Starting this journal feels like it might be a good way to process it all, and maybe even let it go. It's done. I've thought about it. I've written it down. Now move on. Because there's more to come.

I expect what I write for the next few days will jump back and forth in time. Remembering what's happened this past month. Reflecting on what happened this day. Or I might change my mind and abandon this journal altogether. Who knows. I sure don't.

No comments: